Personalized, Premier Healing: PRP by Regenexx and Dr. Kohler’s Expert Approach
What is PRP?
PRP, or “platelet rich plasma”, is a form of regenerative medicine that utilizes the body’s own healing abilities to repair injured tissues. Whole blood that circulates through our arteries and veins is composed of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets – all suspended in a substance called plasma. Each of the cells that make up our blood have a different purpose; red blood cells carry oxygen, white blood cells combat infection, and platelets work to facilitate necessary blood clotting and promote healing of damaged tissue. When injury occurs, platelets are shuttled to the area via the circulatory system, where they release bioactive proteins (cytokines) and growth factors that encourage tissue regeneration and healing. Platelet rich plasma is a concentrated serum of a patient’s own platelets which is then injected into the area of interest to promote recovery.
The Regenexx Advantage
Regenexx procedures refer to a unique and superior spectrum of regenerative medicine treatments. What makes Regenexx stand out is its commitment to high safety standards and consistent techniques. These ensure that patients with chronic musculoskeletal pain receive effective, personalized treatment for their condition or injury. Dr. Kohler at Ospina Medical, having undergone rigorous training, adheres to the Regenexx protocols.
A pivotal distinction between Regenexx and conventional PRP therapies is the preparation method. While many facilities rely on bedside kits, Regenexx employs professional laboratory technicians and training in their proprietary procedures. These technicians meticulously process the blood in a lab-grade biosafety cabinet, drastically minimizing contamination risks. Moreover, the specialized processing techniques yield a more potent form of PRP than what these generic kits can achieve. Regenexx allows Dr. Kohler to customize treatments, factoring in a patient's specific injury and needs. With a wider range of PRP concentrations that can be delivered to target areas, Dr. Kohler can further promote longterm healing.
Achieving Precise PRP Outcomes
Effectiveness of PRP often hinges on the accuracy of its delivery. At Ospina Medical, Dr. Kohler employs state-of-the-art imaging technologies. This ensures that the platelet serum reaches its intended destination with precision. Sadly, many facilities bypass this crucial step. Dr. Kohler, however, uses fluoroscopic (x-ray) and ultrasonic imaging equipment, directing the treatment to the exact target zones.
Variables that Can Shape PRP Results
Several variables play a role in the outcome of PRP treatments:
- Platelet Concentration: A richer platelet concentration often translates to enhanced healing. Two stages influence the final platelet count in the final concentrate: the patient’s baseline platelet count and the PRP production method. Notably, Regenexx's procedures yield higher platelet counts than most standard kits.
- Severity of Injuries and Conditions: The nature of the underlying problem matters. PRP therapies amplify the body's innate healing prowess. Hence, the presence of healthy cells in the treated region is essential. Severe injuries with extensive cell damage might render PRP less effective.
- Blood Pressure: Elevated blood pressure levels can diminish the efficacy of PRP formulations by impacting platelet numbers.
- Stress: Both mental and physical stressors release hormones that can reduce platelet counts, potentially influencing PRP outcomes.
- Dietary Factors: Certain diets, especially those rich in saturated fats, sugars, and simple carbs, can lead to platelet aggregation. This may result in fewer platelets being available for PRP formation.
Embarking on Your Regenexx Journey
Regenexx has emerged as a trusted solution for many who grapple with pain. If you're keen to delve deeper into the potential of Regenexx and how it might benefit you, book your consultation with Dr. Kohler at Ospina Medical. Embark on your personalized pain management journey with a seasoned expert by your side.
Written By: Dakota Boonstra
Edited By: Camden Rowe