Insurance Information

Ospina Medical participates with several insurance plans. Please review below to determine our participation status with your plan.

Ospina Medical is participating In-Network with the following insurances:

  • 1199
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Medicare
  • MagnaCare
  • The Empire Plan


Ospina Medical is participating as Out-of-Network providers with the following insurances:

  • Cigna
  • United Healthcare
  • Oxford
  • Aetna
  • GHI

If your insurance plan is not listed above, please call our office to determine if your insurance is accepted in our office.

*This list is subject to change, please call our office at 212-715-0888 for our most updated insurance panels. *


Common Insurance Terms

Deductible – the amount you owe before your insurance starts to cover services.

Co-Payment/Copay – the amount you owe for each visit. Typically, patients have a different copay for a primary care provider and a specialist. Ospina Medical and our providers are specialists.

Coinsurance – the amount you owe once your deductible is met for covered services. A common coinsurance split is 70%/30%, meaning for any covered services your insurance will pay for 70% of the allowed amount and you will be responsible for the remaining 30%.

Out-of-Pocket (OOP) Maximum – the amount you must pay before your insurance will cover services at 100%. Your OOP maximum consists of your deductible, copayments, and coinsurance.

Referral – Certain insurance plans (HMO, POS, etc.) require a referral from your primary care provider to be seen by a specialist. It is the patient’s responsibility to obtain any referrals prior to their specialist visit.

Prior Authorization – Many of the procedures we provide require prior authorizations from your insurance plan. If authorization is required, one of our staff members will submit the authorization along with any necessary information to your insurance plan.


If you have any questions or would like to discuss your insurance benefits with one of our staff members, please call our office. We offer free benefit and eligibility checks with our eligibility specialists prior to your appointment.